Our friends at the Italian Cultural Centre are hosting a Piedmont Truffle and Hazelnut Dinner on November 29 as a fundraiser for the upcoming Italian Film Festival in January.
Chef Carlo Zarri, a specialist in Piedmont traditional cuisine as well as cooking with truffles and hazelnuts, will prepare the following dinner:
- King prawn tails with Piedmont hazelnut batter on a bed of pureed potatoes
- Langhe style yellow bell peppers soup with Piedmont black truffle semolina cake
- Piedmont style risotto with Langhe truffle
- "Sofia Loren" vitellone beef fillet
- Langhe style nonna’s pudding
- Hazelnut petit fours
The doors for this special event will open at 6 p.m. with dinner being served at 7 p.m. in the Trattoria. Tickets are $70 and may be purchased by calling the Italian Cultural Centre at 604-430-3337. For more information, you may call the Italian Cultural Centre or visit their website.